Last year I wrote about different ways I have celebrated Thanksgiving in the past, so this year I thought why not tell everyone what I am thankful for.
- First off, I am thankful for my parents. My parents are incredible supportive and are always there to help me when I need them. They even came to visit me and see how I live everyday. It was awesome to share that with them.
- My sister, even though while growing up we didn’t get along super well, she is always there when I need someone to talk to and I am blessed to have her in my life.
- My friends, I have a great group of friends that always know how to cheer me up if I am having a bad day and even though we all lead busy lives we still find time to connect even though we are 10 hours apart.
- Skype….It has made this experience much easier. I can only image it would have been much more difficult serving in the Peace Corps when internet was not as readily available.
- Other Peace Corps volunteers. There is an awesome group of people in Moldova, they are very welcoming and I have made some amazing friendships to take back with me.
- The great Moldovans I have met, including both my host families. I have gotten to know some great people in Moldova, that even with the little they have always make sure I am taken care of.
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. Eat some delicious food. I am so excited for next year to be home and have my Dad’s stuffing….I miss it 🙂