Lately, my life seems to be going by really quickly. In less than 4 short months I will be an RPCV (Returned Peace Corps Volunteer) and on my way to meet my good friend in SE Asia for a trip before traveling back to the US.
Here is a little bit of what I have been up to lately:
- Daylight savings- It happened in the US almost 2 weeks ago, but Europe doesn’t switch it clocks until the 31st of March, and since I like my laptop to be on West coast time, I have been realyl confused for couple weeks. Luckily this confusion will end soon.
- Eye problems-Last week my contact was giving my some problems, so I switched to my awesome Happy Potter-ish glasses. I am not entirely sure what the issue is, but I am still wearing the glasses, and today when I talked with the doctor at PC they instructed me to keep wearing them and gave me some eye drops that will hopefully help. Also she said no mascarea.
- Consolidation – Tuesday we had a practice consolidation point test. My consolidation point is in Balti, so not far, but also not fun to have to go to after a 6:15 AM wake-up call. The consolidation point is used incase there is some sort of emergency in the country, our safety and security officer will contact the staff, then the staff member contacts a designated volunteer (warden) and then the warden contacts the volunteers on his/her list. Hopefully we won’t ever need a real consolidation!
- Work- I am currently closing up my project that I won last year, which pretty much just means a lot of paperwork to fill out. And I am also handing off leadership positions that I held for committees within PC to the M27s to take over for next year.
- Vacation – Tonight I leave for vacation. I am starting in Romania to visit 2 PCV friends I have there and then going to Serbia, Croatia and Slovenia for 2 weeks. Also I found out yesterday that the day I get back, my host mom leaves for a 3 week trip to Ukraine, so I won’t get to see her for most all of April. It will be weird not to have her around.
And lastly Go Zags!! Good luck in the NCAA tournament!