Some fun facts about Moldova :)
Originally posted on TripMoldova:
- Moldova is placed the 12th among the top world wine exporters.
- Vine growing and wine making in Moldova counts for almost 5,000 years.
- The largest underground wine cellar in the world, Cricova, is “hidden” in this country.
- The Milestii Mici’s wine collection of 1.5 million bottles has been included in the Guinness World Records at the category The Largest Quality Wine Collection in the World.
- Strong Drinks Museum, in Tirnauca village, is the largest building in the world in the shape of a bottle (28m).
- There are 30 monasteries (some of them dating back to 15th century) and wood churches.
- The second official language of Gagauzia, situated in the south of Moldova, is a dying out language, with only 200000 speakers.
- Russia still has 2,500 troops and 22,000 tons of ammunition in Transnistria.
- The Cave “Emil Racovita”, in Criva, is the 8th greatest…
View original 243 more words